Saturday, March 3, 2018

Tidy Cat is my Preference in Litter

Tidy Cat

When I lived in central NY on a farmette, my cats came in and out of the house at will. They often did their duty outside, but especially in colder weather, they used a litter pan. I used the cheapest litter and got away with that.

However, now that we live in the Finger Lake region of NY State in a mobile home in a mobile home park where they frown on the cats roaming freely, we have had up to 6 inside kitties. That makes keeping the odor under control a priority.

I have experimented with different litters. Some seem to work fairly well, but one only held up to
a week and needed the whole litter changed weekly. That was not cost effective.

I have found Tidy Cat to my liking. We purchase three 20 lb containers and it lasts a whole month. We initially add around 4 inches of the litter in a clean deep litter pan. As the volume gets scooped down, I add more litter.

I scoop at least once or twice a day to keep the pan neat and inviting to my 4 adult cats. The urine clumps very well with Tidy Cat and by gently loosening that first from the bottom of the pan with a firm metal scrapper, it makes scooping easier with less loss of wet litter. This also helps with odor control.

There are a variety of Tidy Cat choices and containers to choose from. I have settled on the Glade one with a grey top for now. That does a good job for us.

Try out the kind that appeals to you. I thought it would be more expensive, but actually I discovered it costs slightly less per pound than some other brands and considering that I have to buy less per month, I find it more economical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy was alot of fun and a great Model.

Peek a Boo Sammy Cats love Christmas trees Checking out the dog food dishes Pearl and Sammy Another wrestling mat...